Sunday 24 September 2017

Laying the groundwork part 2



What would a research trip be without a trip to the local archives? For those who are interested, the Great Canadian Genealogy Summit includes a day at PANS (the Provincial Archives of Nova Scotia). Of course, I signed up. Now I need to check out their holdings at https://archives.novascotia.ca/genealogy and make a research plan.


That is easier said than done. I have been to PANS before so have to go through my previous research to look for gaps in what I have and also check out the potential connections that I was looking into. All of this is complicated by the glimpses of the interesting multiple connections between my research families that I caught along the way. Something tells me that I should have started getting ready months ago!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment